As a managing director and leader of Dix & Eaton’s media relations practice, Amy helps clients across various industries with media strategy, messaging and outreach on national, regional and local levels. She also helps clients navigate complex issues and crises, including construction accidents, mining and airline disasters, labor disputes and more. Amy regularly conducts media and crisis training for executives and arranges media visits for clients with journalists in important media centers, such as New York and Washington, D.C. Amy is also an experienced senior counselor, project manager and account leader.
Amy joined Dix & Eaton in 1997 and has more than 20 years of public relations experience. Previously, she was associate director of community relations for the Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center and public relations associate for The Eliza Jennings Group. In both positions, she acted as a liaison with community organizations, conducted media and community outreach and education, and coordinated special events. Amy earned a bachelor’s degree from Baldwin Wallace University.
- National financial and business media relations
- Crisis and issues management
- Media strategy and messaging
- Media and crisis training
- Event planning and promotion
- The Press Club of Cleveland Board of Trustees
- The Alzheimer’s Association’s Longest Day Committee
- Baldwin Wallace Alumni Council
- Rocky River Football Parents Association
- Being my kids’ biggest and loudest fan at football, lacrosse and rugby games
- Traveling to sunny, beachy locales
- Trying new hot spots, from divey to upscale
- Cheering on my Pittsburgh and Cleveland sports teams (minus the Browns)