Global lab testing experts, Nelson Labs, needed to modernize its website for two key reasons:
- The parent company, Sotera Health, had recently launched its new brand and Nelson Labs needed to align its site with the updated brand.
- Nelson Labs recently acquired a business and needed to integrate it into the site.
Our team was tasked with redesigning the website in just three short months.
THE STRATEGY & SOLUTION
Create a streamlined user-experience so prospective and current customers could quickly and easily access tests. We also wanted to develop a site where customers could conduct business with Nelson Labs virtually—something that was previously cumbersome and outdated.
We worked with the Nelson Labs team, located in four global locations, to identify the most efficient way to launch the new website. The redesign process included:
- Conducting UX (user experience) interviews
- Identifying SEO keywords and optimizing content
- Wireframing and designing the new site
- Integrating third party systems
- Creating a digital submission form and a virtual bill pay system
- Developing a robust education portal for users
We were able to deliver the following:
- The launch of a 650-page website that elevated the company’s brand while providing customers with an improved user-experience.
- The shut down and redirect of the acquired company’s website to signal the official integration of the acquisition with Nelson Labs.
- An elevation of the company’s expert advisory services and thought leadership, while also capturing leads.
- A manual with step-by-step instructions on how to update the CMS system.
- The introduction of an SEO strategy to optimize search results for the company’s tests.