As the Cleveland Public Library (CPL) prepared to celebrate 150 years of serving the community, it wanted to fully leverage this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Few organizations reach 150 years, so the anniversary was a tremendous opportunity to educate key stakeholders about the continued relevance of this critical asset and build greater awareness of CPL’s ongoing impact in each neighborhood of the city – as well as include the community in a year-long celebration.
- Develop an integrated communications strategy ― using paid media, media relations, social media, dedicated website, videos, printed materials, giveaways, internal communications and more ― focused on the Cleveland community and key stakeholders within a 25-mile radius of the city.
- Create a paid media campaign to promote anniversary events. The paid campaign included digital display, paid social media, print and broadcast TV.
- Arm all 27 branches with key messages, materials and assets to celebrate the anniversary in their home neighborhoods.
- Drive stakeholders to a dedicated section of CPL’s website to learn more about the Library’s community impact and history, signature celebration events and CPL’s new Foundation, which will extend the impact of CPL.
- Create an official anniversary “launch” around the Director’s “State of the Library” speech
- As part of our TV partnership approach, Dix & Eaton secured multiple value-adds that extended reach and impact. Activities included:
- Approximately 25 television appearances and vignettes with multiple stations
- TV personalities promoting their favorite CPL book
- Banner ads on TV station website
- More than 100% delivery on sponsorship TRPs with both partnership stations
- Above industry benchmark CTRs on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter ads