As the Cleveland Public Library (CPL) prepared to celebrate 150 years of serving the community, it wanted to fully leverage this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Few organizations reach 150 years, so the anniversary was a tremendous opportunity to educate key stakeholders about the continued relevance of this critical asset and build greater awareness of CPL’s ongoing impact in each neighborhood of the city – as well as include the community in a year-long celebration.
- Develop an integrated communications strategy ― using paid media, media relations, social media, dedicated website, videos, printed materials, giveaways, internal communications and more ― focused on the Cleveland community and key stakeholders within a 25-mile radius of the city.
- Create a paid media campaign to promote anniversary events. The paid campaign included digital display, paid social media, print and broadcast TV.
- Arm all 27 branches with key messages, materials and assets to celebrate the anniversary in their home neighborhoods.
- Drive stakeholders to a dedicated section of CPL’s website to learn more about the Library’s community impact and history, signature celebration events and CPL’s new Foundation, which will extend the impact of CPL.
- Create an official anniversary “launch” around the Director’s “State of the Library” speech
- CPL was awarded the 2020 John Cotton Dana Library Public Relations Award, an award designed to recognize and honor outstanding libraries and their achievements in raising community awareness through public relations.
- As part of our TV partnership approach, Dix & Eaton secured multiple value-adds that extended reach and impact. Activities included:
- Approximately 25 television appearances and vignettes with multiple stations
- TV personalities promoting their favorite CPL book
- Banner ads on TV station website
- More than 100% delivery on sponsorship TRPs with both partnership stations
- Above industry benchmark CTRs on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter ads