As Cleveland Rape Crisis Center expanded its geographic reach across the area, it needed help increasing awareness of its services and resources to survivors in need, and it turned to D&E.
Use a mixture of digital and traditional communication strategies to build on the growing national awareness around sexual abuse with the #MeToo movement and use it to build awareness of its services in our local market.
- Develop an advertising strategy, using key tactics – such as paid social (Facebook/Instagram and Twitter), digital display, traditional media (TV and radio) – to build a wider community presence and reach survivors where they are spending their time.
- Redesign the website to make it mobile-friendly and easier for survivors to find the resources available (using SEO best practices)
- Build media presence and awareness with a robust media relations strategy
- Higher than anticipated traffic to the new locations, sparked in part by increased demand and in part by broader awareness of Cleveland Rape Crisis Center
- 29% increase from 2016 to 2017 in number of contacts to CRCC*
- 16% increase from 2016 to 2017 in number of survivors receiving direct services*
- 33 media hits in two months, including 6 national media hits and a featured role in a CBS evening news piece about survivor stories
*D&E started managing the advertising program for CRCC in early 2017.