Sterigenics International LLC was in growth mode and recognized that there was an opportunity to more fully leverage the strengths of the entire company portfolio. However, in order for customers, investors and employees to think about the company as more than a sterilization services provider, the parent company, Sterigenics International, needed to be differentiated from the business unit, Sterigenics, already widely known as the sterilization services leader. Following an extensive strategic brand development strategy project, Sterigenics International was rebranded as Sotera Health in November, 2017.
Sotera Health was a new brand that created an umbrella over three best-in-class business units. The new platform required clarity driven by a value proposition that elevated the essence of the company and created connectivity between the individual businesses. This clarity would ensure customers, employees and the industry better understood the differentiated platform of Sotera Health, setting the company up for continued future growth.
- A brand messaging architecture that defines each operating company’s role, reason for being and business strengths and positions the organization for future growth
- A launch strategy for unveiling the new corporate structure and bringing the brand to life, including designed materials, implementation of employee communications, website, brand introduction video and tradeshow materials
- Marketing and sales workshops to help operating companies communicate the new brand story effectively
- Since 2017, D&E has helped Sotera Health with the announcement of the company name change; four acquisitions, divestitures and partnerships; three expansion efforts; and launch of three new websites
- We serve as an outsourced communication strategy firm for both Sotera Health and its operating companies to implement the brand architecture and story across their communications properties