As Ohio’s unique nonprofit economic development corporation, JobsOhio’s communications goals include reaching c-suite executives and site selectors from across the country and around the world to attract business. To do so, they turned to D&E, to help create a media relations and content creation strategy.
After the 2016 election, national journalists realized they had a poor understanding of the Midwest economy. It was clear the media would be interested in how Ohio’s economy was changing and diversifying. JobsOhio was well-positioned to offer expert analysis and examples of this diversification as well as explain the organization’s role in bolstering the key industries impacting Ohio’s economy.
- Deskside visits to establish relationships with reporters and communicate key stories.
- Content creation for an online media room to provide reporters access to data.
- Social media listening to monitor targeted topics and tailor communications.
- Additional owned content that illustrates key messages.
- Coordination with all of the organizations working with JobsOhio.
- Met with dozens of reporters from major worldwide news organizations in Washington and New York, including BBC, Bloomberg, CNN, The New York Times, The Financial Times, Reuters and The Wall Street Journal.
- National and international placements include a CNBC Squawk Box appearance for Governor Kasich that benefitted Ohio’s automotive industry, a New York Times feature on Ohio manufacturing and a Financial Times feature on Ohio’s economy.
- Expanded online content to provide Ohio economic data to key media