Operating with a decentralized, entrepreneurial culture across multiple business segments in more than 50 countries, $14 billion ITW has few opportunities to communicate as one unified entity. Its “signature reports” – the annual report and the corporate social responsibility (CSR) report – provide two such opportunities.
Careful planning and execution are required to deliver messages and communications materials that are relevant for all of ITW’s diverse businesses, and delivering the annual and CSR report on a digital platform could add to the reach and impact for ITW.
- The annual report highlights ITW’s business model and enterprise strategy, and provides deep insight about the company’s go-forward agenda
- The CSR report showcases the company’s commitments to people, communities and the environment
- Built by D&E as a microsite, the CSR report becomes a “living” document, with content refreshed throughout the year and full updates published annually about corporate social responsibility efforts
- ITW is able to deliver a unified corporate voice to investors, employees, customers, communities and other stakeholders
- Supported by internal communications and social media engagement, the CSR microsite annually reaches over 4,000 visitors in 74 countries