Operating with a decentralized, entrepreneurial culture across multiple business segments in more than 50 countries, $14.5 billion ITW has few opportunities to communicate as one unified entity. Its “signature reports” – the annual report and the sustainability report – provide two such opportunities.
Careful planning and execution are required to deliver messages and communications materials that are relevant for all of ITW’s diverse businesses, and delivering the annual and CSR report on a digital platform could add to the reach and impact for ITW.
- The annual report summarizes ITW’s unique business model and enterprise strategy, provides insight into the company’s go-forward agenda, and highlights its sustainability framework
- The sustainability report showcases the company’s commitments to governance, people, communities and the environment
- Built by D&E, the sustainability section of ITW’s corporate website houses evergreen content and provides the opportunity for ongoing storytelling through the blog function
- ITW’s annual and sustainability reports work together to deliver clear, concise corporate messages to its varied stakeholders
- The Reports and Downloads section of the corporate website serves as a repository for past sustainability report, summaries, CDP disclosures and verification statements