Chief Client Officer
Matt Barkett provides cool-headed strategic counsel to clients during some of the most defining moments in their history. He specializes in corporate representation in a wide variety of industries, most prominently in aerospace, mining/energy and manufacturing. Matt also counsels senior managers in many industries through labor union issues and major transactions, including bankruptcy, M&A and downsizing events.
Matt draws on more than 25 years of broad-based experience in senior corporate communications, PR agency and journalism roles when counseling clients from the boardroom to the plant floor or accident scene.Under Matt’s leadership, Dix & Eaton’s crisis practice has been pre-approved by several major insurance companies to advise senior management on large crises.
A Cleveland native, Matt holds an M.B.A. and B.A. from the University of Colorado and is active in support of Providence House, a crisis nursery, as well as the Boy Scouts of America.
- Crisis situations
- Litigation PR
- Reputation management
Selected engagements and background:
- Upper Big Branch mine explosion, Massey Energy
- NTSB investigation of Pacific Gas & Electric pipeline explosion in San Bruno, California
- Crashes of Colgan Air Flight 3407 and Pinnacle Airlines Flight 3701
- Bankruptcy and mechanics strike, Northwest Airlines
- $1.4 billion acquisition of AirTran Airways, Southwest Airlines
- $50 billion merger of Qwest Communications and US WEST
- Sago Mine accident in West Virginia, International Coal Group
- $16 billion acquisition of Imperial Chemical Industries by AkzoNobel
Recent Posts from Matt
PwC, the global accounting powerhouse that has been counting the Academy Award ballots since the 1930s, made a pretty big mistake when a company executive handed Warren…
While Twitter itself may be saved by President Trump’s frequent use, some companies have growing concerns about how his Tweets could negatively impact their business.…
See when we can help you.