CLEVELAND – October 1, 2014 – Dix & Eaton’s strong summer of new-business activity fueled momentum during a year in which it has already gained more than two dozen new clients in four states. Client programs include investor relations, crisis communications counsel, media relations, marketing communications, content marketing strategy and more.
“The flood of new business that began to emerge in late spring draws upon a cross-section of our expertise, encompassing IPOs, spin-offs, renaming and rebranding, corporate social responsibility, global media relations, digital and social media and executive training,” said Scott Chaikin, chairman and chief executive officer. “Along with significant programs for existing clients, this additional activity creates a solid foundation for a strong second half.”
The recent client additions include:
- Fairmount Santrol (formerly Fairmount Minerals), a leading provider of high-performance sand and sand-based products used by oil and gas exploration and production companies. The company recently submitted a draft registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission for a proposed initial public offering of its common stock.
- Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. The $8.7 billion company is headquartered in Schaumburg, Ill.
- TimkenSteel Corporation (NYSE: TMST), the independent $1.4 billion company resulting from a spinoff from The Timken Company in July. TimkenSteel operates from six countries and creates tailored steel products and services for demanding applications.
- Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE:ITW), a Fortune 200 global diversified industrial manufacturer of value added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses. The $14.1 billion company is based in Glenview, Ill.
- NetJets Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway company that is the worldwide leader in private aviation with the largest and most diverse private jet fleet in the world.
- Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH), a $101 billion healthcare services company that ranks #19 on the Fortune 500.
- Elio Motors, a Phoenix-based company founded in 2008 by entrepreneur Paul Elio that is developing an ultra-high mileage vehicle to provide affordable transportation to commuters seeking an alternative to the day’s offerings and to provide American jobs.
Other new clients include organizations in the manufacturing, energy/environmental, medical/health care, insurance/financial services and not-for-profit sectors, among others.
“These new clients represent tremendous diversity in terms of size, industry and geography,” said Chas Withers, president and chief operating officer. “They have a commonality, however, in navigating highly complex issues, significant change and bet-the-farm challenges and opportunities.”
About Dix & Eaton
Dix & Eaton is an integrated communications consultancy specializing in media relations, investor relations, crisis communications and marketing communications. Working as partners, we bring deep experience, foresight and creativity to every relationship and help clients realize the full power of communication to drive results. Founded in 1952, Dix & Eaton is 100 percent employee-owned and has twice been named the nation’s best midsized firm.
Follow Dix & Eaton on Twitter at twitter.com/DixandEaton, also on Facebook and at LinkedIn.