At Dix & Eaton, our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) turns employees into owners. Our employees directly benefit from the success and profitability of the firm and their own day-to-day engagement. We are currently looking for our next talented owner with a desire to succeed in our team environment. We are a strategic business communications firm based in Cleveland, Ohio, offering a rewarding, fast-paced, hybrid work environment. Specifically, we are looking to expand the team in Dix & Eaton’s sustainability/ESG (environmental, social and governance) practice, a fast-growing group serving the high-profile world of sustainability and ESG strategic communications and reporting.
As an ESG/Sustainability Communications and Reporting Specialist at Dix & Eaton, you will have the opportunity to be an immediate contributor and difference-maker on a team of ESG/sustainability communications and reporting strategists, project managers, writers and editors, graphic designers, and digital specialists. You will bring and develop ESG/sustainability-related subject matter expertise and have the opportunity to work directly with clients and colleagues on projects that have a significant impact on our clients and our firm. This is a hybrid position that offers the flexibility, work-life balance, teamwork, opportunity and structure to make an immediate and lasting impact on your career, our clients, and our firm.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Years of Experience
- The qualified candidate should have three to five years of experience and the following skills in order to adequately manage the responsibilities of the position.
Competencies/Skills You Need to Posses
- Experience in sustainability/ESG communications and/or related fields such as corporate communications, financial communications and sustainability marketing;
- Active understanding of ESG/sustainability standards and ratings, and can effectively advise and consult for clients and lead on project execution;
- Experience in ESG/sustainability-related research and benchmarking;
- Extreme attention to detail, high quality and client service in everything you do;
- A strong sense of accountability and ownership – we are a non-hierarchical, lean team that puts team members in position to be successful and grow with every new opportunity;
- Ability to write, edit and proofread to create high-quality content; strong writing and organizational skills are musts;
- Ability to synthesize numerous pieces of researched information and financial data, and succinctly communicate key takeaways; and
- Ability to gain understanding of key client information, including general business strategy, financial position, industry trends and issues, products/ services, key opinion leaders, customers and competitors.
Job Description/What You Will Be Responsible For
- Be a team member on sustainability communications and ESG reporting projects, with opportunities to manage and lead projects;
- Present to and work with clients and stakeholders;
- Participate in multiple projects for multiple clients from concept to completion;
- Assist in strategizing and developing communications programs to meet client objectives;
- Contribute to client correspondence (i.e., status reports, status calls, invoicing, etc.)
- Play key role in content development and refinement;
- Communicate effectively with team members and build consensus and collaboration among internal teams; and
- Grow knowledge of current industry trends and provide superior client service to both internal and external clients.
Responsibilities and job functions include the principal elements of the job description and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or other duties, which may be assigned during normal operations.
Our employees directly benefit from the success and profitability of the firm and their own day-to-day engagement. That includes providing great benefits, opportunities to learn and grow and flexibility to balance life in and out of the office. Here’s a brief overview of what we offer.
At Dix & Eaton we are driven to make a difference for our clients and search for talent with the same passion. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitment.