CDW Corporation is a leading multibrand provider of information technology (IT) solutions to small, medium and large business, government, education and healthcare customers. The company’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) framework addresses the needs and interests of its coworkers, investors, customers, vendor partners and communities.
THE STRATEGY & SOLUTION
CDW chose Dix & Eaton to be its partner for the 2020 ESG report, published in April 2021 under the theme of “IT Matters.” We brought critical skills to this assignment – including comprehensive interviewing with subject matter experts, a story-telling approach to the writing, an expanded use of infographics, and a graphic design style that leverages authentic photography.
We helped CDW speak to topics such as occupational health and safety (overall and in response to COVID-19); support for coworkers during the pandemic; racial justice and diversity, equity and inclusion; community engagement; and environmental performance. We are also building out a new ESG website to house the report, ongoing ESG updates and other ESG disclosures.
The 2020 ESG report explains CDW’s role in addressing issues that matter, such as:
- Accelerating the adoption of sustainable and socially responsible technology
- Helping to close the digital divide to provide underserved communities, families and students with access to the internet and technology devices
- Fostering a culture of engagement, learning and development, and inclusion and belonging for all coworkers
- Sustaining a healthy planet through environmental management, energy management and reducing waste to landfill
- Adhering to best practices for corporate governance and to high ethical standards
- Ensuring customer privacy and information security
The report is intended to “inspire trust and confidence in all our stakeholders,” which is one of the three pillars of CDW’s ESG strategy. Click here to read the report.