Jeff Linton is a senior communications and public affairs leader with experience serving public and private companies, professional service firms, non-profits and civic organizations. His career focus has been translating organizational strategy into transformational communications and change management.
He was most recently Senior Vice President, Communications and Community Relations, for Forest City Realty Trust, a publicly traded national real estate company. In that role, he led internal and external communications through major change events including CEO succession, divestitures, REIT conversion, re-branding, headquarters relocation, shareholder activism, and, ultimately, the sale of the company. In addition, Linton had direct responsibility for Forest City’s extensive charitable giving program and its annual Community Day national day of service.
Before joining Forest City in 2007, Linton was a managing director at Dix & Eaton with a focus on serving clients in merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other major change events.
- Strategic communications and change management
- Transaction communications
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Public affairs and corporate philanthropy
- Cleveland Institute of Music – trustee, Facilities Committee chair
- Downtown Cleveland Alliance – trustee
- Higley Fund of the Cleveland Foundation – public trustee
- Former trustee: Achievements Centers for Children, The Music Settlement, DANCE Cleveland
- Live music (listening and playing)