As CEO, Chas has everyday responsibility for ensuring that Dix & Eaton delivers on its promise of results-driven focus, insight, and best-of-breed culture.
He has spent the bulk of his career consulting with a diverse array of organizations – corporate, civic, academic, philanthropic – to solve problems, create opportunities and to ensure best outcomes. A core emphasis of his work and leadership has been stewardship in high-stakes, complex and transformative situations that span multiple audiences including shareholders, employees, customers, legislators, communities and the media.
A member of the firm’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee, he formerly served as president, chief operating officer, and, at different times, head of the marketing communications, technology and emerging growth practices at Dix & Eaton.
Chas is a graduate of Kent State University, Leadership Cleveland, and the FBI Citizen’s Academy, and has been on teams that received the Silver Anvil Award (given by Public Relations Society of America) three times in his career. He was formerly with Answerthink Consulting Group, Case Western Reserve University and Children’s Hospital Medical Center in Akron.
- Organizational reputation and positioning, branding initiatives
- Coordinated, integrated communications and marketing strategies spanning varied audiences
- Crisis, high-stakes scenarios
- Complex transformations, transactions
- Greater Cleveland Sports Commission
- 50 Club of Cleveland
- Former board member of Ohio Tuition Trust Authority (former chair), Business Volunteers Unlimited (BVU), Achievement Centers for children, St. Joseph Academy, West Side Ecumenical Ministries, El Barrio, Lakewood Community Services Center (former chair), OneCommunity, The Great Lakes Science Center, The President’s Council Foundation, Lakewood Catholic Academy
- FBI Citizen’s Academy (2018 graduate)
- The PR Council
- Kent State University
- The City of Cleveland
- Leadership Cleveland (2007 class)
- All Cleveland sports teams (yes, it’s a sickness)
- Exploring new places
- Listening to and playing music