At Dix & Eaton, our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) turns employees into owners. Our employees directly benefit from the success and profitability of the firm and their own day-to-day engagement. We are currently looking for our next talented owner with a desire to succeed in our team environment. We are a strategic business communications firm based in Cleveland, Ohio, offering a rewarding, fast-paced, hybrid work environment. Specifically, we are looking to add to our Media and Public Relations practice area within the firm.
As a Media and PR Specialist at Dix & Eaton, you will have the opportunity to be an immediate contributor on a team of communications strategists, project managers, writers and editors, graphic designers, and digital specialists. You will bring and develop media and PR skills and subject matter expertise and have the opportunity to work directly with clients and colleagues on projects that have a significant impact on our clients and our firm. This is a hybrid position that offers flexibility, work-life balance, teamwork, opportunity, and structure to make an immediate and lasting impact on your career, our clients, and our firm.
At this level, our subject matter experts in Marketing & PR build strong foundational skills in communications and project management to deliver excellent client service. In our highly collaborative environment. This role will work in close partnership with other account staff to produce content, manage client accounts and contribute to strategies.
Years of Experience/Credentials
- The qualified candidate should ideally bring four plus years of experience and bring the following skills to adequately manage the responsibilities of the position.
Competencies/Skills You Need To Possess
- Previous experience in media and public relations with background in journalism, nonprofit, or at a public relations agency working across multiple clients.
- Experience using media databases (Meltwater, Muckrack, Critical Mention, etc.).
- Demonstrate the ability to write, edit and proofread to create high-quality internal and external communications content; strong writing and organizational skills are musts!
- Ability to synthesize numerous pieces of researched information and analytical data, and succinctly communicate key takeaways.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with internal and external teams.
- Brings (or can quickly establish)relationships with media outlets on a local, national, and international level, as well as industry trade outlets; proven record in delivering PR results.
- Experience coordinating and executing PR events, including press conferences, media briefings, ribbon cuttings, groundbreakings, deskside briefings, etc.
- Demonstrate practical understanding of social media and the digital landscape and how to incorporate these into client programs.
- Ability to gain understanding of key client information, including general business strategy, financial position, industry trends and issues, products/ services, key opinion leaders, customers, and competitors.
Job Description/What You Will Be Responsible For
- Build, protect and enhance clients’ reputations through proactive and reactive media relations and PR activities
- Manage multiple projects for multiple clients from concept to completion by anticipating challenges, troubleshooting problems, proposing solutions, offering client counsel, overseeing quality, and ensuring deadline and budget adherence.
- Maintains a perspective and develops processes for measuring PR/earned efforts.
- Actively follow the landscape for public relations and effectively advise internal colleagues and clients on the latest trends and best practices.
- Develop and manage client budgets and work with finance on project billing and reconciliation.
- Assist in strategizing and developing marketing and PR programs to meet client objectives including coordinating with teams to develop media plans, public relations, and research.
- Communicate effectively with team members and build consensus and collaboration among internal client teams.
Responsibilities and job functions include the principal elements of the job description and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or other duties, which may be assigned during normal operations.
Currently considering local candidates for this hybrid, full-time role. Our hybrid schedule includes two in-office days and three remote workdays per week.
Our employees directly benefit from the success and profitability of the firm and their own day-to-day engagement. That includes providing great benefits, opportunities to learn and grow and flexibility to balance life in and out of the office. Here’s a brief overview of what we offer.
At Dix & Eaton we are driven to make a difference for our clients and search for talent with the same passion. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitment.