The Dix & Eaton internship program is a rigorous, real-world career development opportunity. We are proud that we treat our interns like entry-level professionals. In return, we simply expect the highest-quality work and professionalism. Still interested? Read on!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In short, the same kinds of work our entry-level professionals are often doing. More specifically, the essential functions of the internship will include:
- Assisting account executives with client-related and pro-bono projects
- Gaining exposure to each of our practice areas, including media relations, marketing communications, CSR/sustainability communications, crisis communications and investor relations
- Completing various writing and research assignments related to client blog posts, content marketing and more
- Conducting media relations outreach, including developing media lists, writing pitches and making follow-up contact with journalists
- Crafting social media strategy, plans and posts, and monitoring and reporting
- Participating in brainstorming and staff meetings
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Proven writing, research and social media experience; and/or proven design experience
- Time-management discipline
- Relevant PR, English, communications, journalism, business/finance and/or design background
- Availability to work full-time office hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; part-time schedules may be considered
- Prior internship(s) with related experience
- Standing as a senior or recent graduate; candidates at the junior level with prior experience will be considered
We also want interns who know how to take initiative, demonstrate a high level of professionalism, understand the value of strategy and tactical implementation, function in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment, and work hard.
2023 PROGRAM WINDOWS
- Spring (January – May)
- Summer (June – August)
- Fall (September – December)
Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitment.