Dix & Eaton is an integrated communications and public relations firm with a leading ESG/Sustainability practice. In addressing the complex, high-stakes challenges our clients face, we draw upon our specialized expertise in strategy development, ESG frameworks/guidelines and reporting, investor relations, data/analytics and creative/digital. Working as partners, we bring deep experience, foresight and creativity to every relationship and help clients realize the power of communication to drive results.
The Dix & Eaton ESG internship program is a rigorous, real-world career development opportunity. We are proud that we treat our interns like entry-level professionals. In return, we simply expect the highest-quality work and professionalism. Still interested? Read on!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In short, the same kinds of work our entry-level professionals and ESG/Sustainability team members are often doing. More specifically, the essential functions of the internship will include:
- Assisting account executives with client-related projects
- Completing writing, research and data analysis assignments related to ESG/Sustainability reports, presentations and websites
- Conducting interviews with subject matter experts to understand approaches to critical topics
- Developing ESG strategies through research, interviews and materiality assessments
- Creating ESG/Sustainability report disclosures in alignment with key frameworks (GRI/SASB)
- Partnering on thought leadership pieces and blog posts
- Gaining exposure to each of our practice areas and how they relate to our core ESG capabilities
- Participating in brainstorming and staff meetings
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Successful candidates will have:
- Proven writing, research and ESG/Sustainability experience
- Time-management discipline
- Relevant environmental, English, communications, PR and/or business background
- Availability to work full-time office/remote hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; part-time schedules may be considered
- Prior internship(s) and/or projects with related experience
- Standing as a senior or recent graduate; candidates at the junior level with prior experience will be considered; master’s program experience considered a plus
We also want interns who know how to take initiative, demonstrate a high level of professionalism, understand the value of strategy and tactical implementation, function in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment and work hard.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
At the end of the experience, our interns are ready for an entry-level position. They leave with a better understanding of how ESG/Sustainability strategy and communications can impact an organization, as well as a portfolio of work detailing everything they’ve learned along the way.