Consider this: Twitter has more than 645 million active users with an average of 58 million tweets per day. In 2013, Twitter boasted an annual advertising revenue of $405 million. So it’s not surprising that its new tailored audiences advertising tool makes this social medium an ideal place for many businesses to advertise. Take a look at who’s been doing it well.
Who’s successfully leveraging tailored audiences?
During testing, Twitter noted that “inbound marketing software platform HubSpot was an early beta tester of tailored audiences. By reaching recent visitors to their web properties with Promoted Tweets, Hubspot saw a lift in engagement rates of 45% with tailored audience campaigns over their historical averages.”
Twitter goes on to report that, “Krossover, a technology company that analyzes game video for sports coaches, used tailored audiences to drive a 74% decrease in cost per customer acquisition (CPA). Enterprise app performance management company New Relic saw 195% higher conversion rates targeting their website visitors during the beta. We’re excited about the possibilities that tailored audiences will open up for marketers with direct response objectives.”
Here are some best practices for Twitter’s tailored audiences
- Be engaging.
- Don’t be afraid to show humor.
- Use strong images. Images have proven to increase engagement among social media networks.
- Make sure to optimize your ad for mobile viewing. Most Twitter users are on mobile devices.
- Create an engaging message but keep it short and to the point.
- Use frequency capping to restrict the number of times a user is shown a specific ad.
- Partner with a Twitter ad partner to get started.
So, how will you leverage Twitter Tailored Audiences?