President & COO
Chas D. Withers provides strategic consulting, public relations, crisis communications, marketing and branding counsel to public companies, private and non-profit organizations and start-up entities in industry sectors including manufacturing, consumer products, advanced materials, bioscience, professional services, financial services and information technology, among others.
As President and Chief Operating Officer of Dix & Eaton, Chas has day-to-day operational responsibilities for the firm and is a member of both its Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
In prior roles at the firm, he served as leader of the marketing communications, technology, emerging growth and interactive services practices.
Previously, Chas was managing director for strategic marketing and communications for Answerthink Inc., a Miami-based international consulting firm specializing in front-to-back best-practice solutions for Fortune 1000 firms. In his various roles at Answerthink Inc., Chas supported the company’s initial public offering in 1998 and oversaw the strategic communications initiatives of several operating divisions and more than 1,500 employees.
Chas was a senior account executive in Dix & Eaton’s media relations practice between 1995 and 1997. He also served as director of media relations at Case Western Reserve University and held corporate communications positions with Malone Public Relations and Children’s Hospital Medical Center of Akron.
A graduate of Kent State University, Chas holds a bachelor’s degree in journalism, and he has twice been a member of teams selected as recipients of the Silver Anvil Award from the Public Relations Society of America.
- Corporate counsel, strategy development, integrated communications agendas
- Branding initiatives, customer communications
- Crisis management, navigating “bet-the-farm” scenarios
- Building and leading high-performing teams
- Manufacturing, consumer products, advanced materials, bioscience, professional services, financial services, academia
Board memberships & civic activity:
- The Great Lakes Science Center
- The Ohio Tuition Trust Authority (OTTA) (Chair)
- Business Volunteers Unlimited (BVU)
- Lakewood Community Services Center (Chair)
- Achievement Centers for Children
- The Presidents Council Foundation
- Leadership Cleveland Graduate (2006)
- Young President’s Organization
- 50 Club of Cleveland
- The Greater Cleveland Sports Commission
See when we can help you.