A seasoned and respected communications counselor and practitioner, Mark is an experienced strategist, a skilled listener, an effective collaborator, and an accomplished communicator. Mark’s communications and marketing experience and expertise is broad and deep. He has served as the lead strategist on scores of branding assignments, counseled clients and senior staff on the development of contingency policies, procedures, and crisis communications plans, and conducted advocacy work with legislators and policy makers seeking their support to enact legislative reforms and policy updates.
Mark has nearly three decades of agency experience, including serving more than seven years as CEO of a Cleveland-based marketing communications firm where he provided leadership and direction as the seismic shifts from the Great Recession were reshaping the communications and marketing industry. Mark is a graduate of Kent State’s School of Journalism & Mass Communication (JMC) where he is a member of the adjunct faculty, serves on the JMC Professional Advisory Board, and is a recipient of the School’s William Taylor Distinguished Alumnus Award.
- Strategic planning
- Branding strategy and program development
- Public affairs and advocacy
- Process analysis and improvement
- Professional staff leadership, educating and mentoring
- Catholic Diocese of Cleveland, Communications Advisory Board
- Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity, Past Chair/Current Member, Board of Trustees
- Kent State University, School of Journalism & Mass Communication, Professional Advisory Board and Adjunct Instructor
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Northern Ohio Chapter, Board of Trustees/Executive Committee
- Public Relations Society of America, Cleveland Chapter, Former Member, Board of Directors
- The Arts
- Hiking & Cycling