At Dix & Eaton, our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) turns employees into owners. Our employees directly benefit from the success and profitability of the firm and their own day-to-day engagement. That includes providing great benefits, opportunities to learn and grow and flexibility to balance life in and out of the office. Here’s a brief overview of what we offer.
We are currently looking for our next talented owner with a desire to succeed in our team environment. The next VP of public relations will support clients across the firm, working closely with our marketing and PR and crisis communication teams. We are driven to make a difference for our clients and search for talent with the same passion. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitment.
At the senior executive level, our professionals have strong foundational skills in oral and written communications and project management to deliver excellent client service and know how to foster and thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
Years of Experience/Credentials
- The qualified candidate should have 12+ years of experience and bring the following skills in order to adequately manage the responsibilities of the position.
- Solid experience in media and public relations with background in journalism, nonprofit, or at a public relations agency working across multiple clients
- Proven history of developing media relations and public relations strategy at a high level
- Ability to lead or assist in new business efforts, including participating in pitches, writing proposals, etc.
- Experience developing and implementing thought leadership programs
- Skill and experience developing and conducting media training sessions with senior-level executives
- Keen ability to manage workloads for the team and budgets for our clients
- Established relationships with media outlets on a local, national and international level, as well as industry trade outlets; proven record in delivering PR results.
- Experience with coordinating and executing PR events, including press conferences, media briefings, ribbon cuttings, groundbreakings, deskside briefings, etc.
- Build, protect and enhance clients’ reputations through proactive and reactive media relations and impactful strategic messaging
- Works in partnership with practice leader to ensure team is constantly evolving and developing new offerings to meet client needs
- Maintains a perspective and develops processes for measuring PR/earned efforts
- Actively follow the landscape for public relations and effectively advise internal colleagues and clients on the latest trends and best practices
- Develop and manage client budgets and work with finance on project billing and reconciliation
- Mentor, coach and support junior team members ensuring constant development of their skills
Responsibilities include the principal elements of the job description and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or other duties, which may be assigned during normal operations.
Currently considering hybrid candidates for this full-time role. Our hybrid environment is defined by two in-office and three remote workdays a week.