At Dix & Eaton we are driven to make a difference for our clients and search for talent with the same passion. We are currently looking to expand our resources in the storytelling-content creation specialization and are searching for our next colleague who has the same passion to help our clients tackle their biggest communications challenges and opportunities.
The Storyteller-Content Creator is a creative storyteller responsible for transforming concepts into highly compelling content for a variety of audiences. This role is a key content provider who researches, develops key messaging for, writes and edits internal and external communications. In our highly collaborative environment, this role will work in close partnership with account staff to produce captivating stories and campaign pieces, helping them visualize how written content and storytelling can help achieve goals and contribute to strategies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
The Storyteller-Content Creator should bring the following skills in order to adequately manage the responsibilities of the position.
- Experience in a journalism/reporting role, communications or related area with demonstrated ability to carry out responsibilities.
- Experience in at least one of the following writing specialties: business writing, technical writing, environmental journalism and/or sustainability/CSR reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Creative Writing, or equivalent experience for at least six years.
- Ability to create content on a wide range of topics related to business performance, internal communications, sustainability, community development, economic development, etc.
- Understanding of writing styles and content that is appropriate for both print and digital applications.
- Proven editing ability and experience developing and maintaining copy standards, and willingness to accept editorial direction from others.
- Basic understanding of communications tools and strategies for publication.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Conduct interviews in a people-focused, engaging manner to extract key points (“reporter mindset”).
- Edit, proofread and enhance copy, press releases, etc.
- Assist staff with the development of written, printed or online content, which effectively communicates with various audiences, including investors, employees, customers, communities and others.
- Move flexibly among various types of writing: business management, marketing, internal communications, etc.
- Brainstorm, draft, and edit thought leadership pieces.
- Edit others’ work for content and grammar.
- Other areas of responsibility for writing or review of content:
- Website and landing page
- Blog posts
- Case studies
- Press releases
- Social media posts
- Email copy
- Client education pieces
- Cross-departmental needs
Responsibilities and job functions include the principal elements of the job description and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or other duties, which may be assigned during normal operations.
The Storyteller-Content Creator position is based in Cleveland, Ohio.