At Dix & Eaton, our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) turns employees into owners. Our employees directly benefit from the success and profitability of the firm and their own day-to-day engagement. That includes providing great benefits, opportunities to learn and grow and flexibility to balance life in and out of the office. Here’s a brief overview of what we offer.
We are currently looking for our next talented owner with a desire to succeed in our team environment. The next senior media and public relations executive will work across firm practice areas but, specifically, with teams in our media relations and marketing communications practice areas. We are driven to make a difference for our clients and search for talent with the same passion. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitment.
At the senior executive level, our professionals have strong foundational skills in oral and written communications and project management to deliver excellent client service. In our highly collaborative environment, this role will work in close partnership with other account staff to produce quality content, manage client relationships and contribute to media and public relations strategy and execution for our clients.
Years of Experience/Credentials
- The qualified candidate should have 10 -15 years of experience and bring the following skills in order to adequately manage the responsibilities of the position.
- Solid experience in media and public relations with background in journalism, nonprofit, or at a public relations agency working across multiple clients
- Proven history of developing media relations and public relations strategy at a high level
- Familiarity with creating media lists, editorial calendars, and the pitching process
- Strong ability to write, edit and proofread to create high-quality internal and external communications content, including press releases, op-eds, talking points
- Ability to forge relationships with media outlets on a local, national and international level, as well as industry trade outlets; proven record in delivering PR results.
- Experience with coordinating and executing PR events, including press conferences, media briefings, ribbon cuttings, groundbreakings, deskside briefings, etc.
- Capacity to use and acclimate to software platforms including Meltwater, Cision, Critical Mention and Google Analytics
- Demonstrate practical understanding of social media and the digital landscape and how to incorporate these into client programs
- Ability to quickly gain understanding of key client information, including general business strategy, financial position, industry trends and issues, products/ services, and competitors
- Understanding of journalism and working with the media, including how to identify, craft and pitch compelling story to a reporter on behalf of a client
- Media training experience is a plus
- Team player with strong work ethic, good organization skills and ability to perform under pressure
- Proficient user of most relevant social media platforms for B2B use
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with internal and external teams in our highly collaborative environmen
- Build, protect and enhance clients’ reputations through proactive and reactive media relations and impactful strategic messaging
- Actively follow the landscape for media and public relations communications and effectively advise internal colleagues and clients on the latest trends and best practices
- Manage multiple projects for various clients from concept to completion by anticipating challenges, troubleshooting problems, proposing solutions, offering client counsel, overseeing quality, and ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- Assist in strategizing and developing media and public relations programs to meet client objectives including coordinating with teams to develop media plans, anticipate next steps, and research client industry and macroeconomic trends
- Manage client production budgets and work with finance on project billing and reconciliation
- Liaise with clients and agency staff about the details of campaigns
- Take the lead with client correspondence (i.e., daily updates, activity reports, etc.)
- Participate in new business process, including research, audits, idea contribution and proposal preparation
- Grow relationships and support new business opportunities with existing clients
- Mentor, coach and support junior team members ensuring constant development of their skills
Responsibilities include the principal elements of the job description and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or other duties, which may be assigned during normal operations.
Currently considering hybrid and remote candidates for this full-time role.