At Dix & Eaton, our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) turns employees into owners. Our employees directly benefit from the success and profitability of the firm and their own day-to-day engagement. We are currently looking for our next talented owner with a desire to succeed in our team environment. We are driven to make a difference for our clients and search for talent with the same passion. The next account executive will work across firm practice areas but, specifically, with teams in the marketing and advertising specializations. Our next colleague will have the same passion to help our clients tackle their biggest communications challenges and opportunities as we do.
At the account executive level, our subject matter experts in advertising and marketing communications use strong foundational skills in communications and project management to deliver excellent client service. In our highly collaborative environment, this role will work in close partnership with other account staff to produce content, manage client accounts and contribute to strategies.
The Senior Account Executive should have six to 10 years of experience and bring the following skills in order to adequately manage the responsibilities of the position.
- Experience in sustainability/ESG communications. Solid communications generalist skills including marketing and financial communications
- Actively follows the landscape for Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) communications, including ESG standards, and can effectively advise and consult for clients, while also leading on project execution
- Solid experience in research and analysis, issue-focused communication, and stakeholder engagement
- Demonstrate the ability to write, edit and proofread to create high-quality internal and external communications content; strong writing and organizational skills are musts
- Demonstrate an understanding of the differences in writing styles depending on the outlet, channel and audience (online, social network, traditional media, etc.)
- Ability to synthesize numerous pieces of researched information and financial data, and succinctly communicate key takeaways
- Evaluate and utilize research-oriented technology and databases (i.e. Bloomberg, FactSet, NetBase, etc.)
- Demonstrate practical understanding of visual communications, desktop multimedia, social media and the digital landscape and how to incorporate these into client programs
- Proficient user of most relevant social media platforms for B2B use
- Ability to gain understanding of key client information, including general business strategy, financial position, industry trends and issues, products/ services, key opinion leaders, customers and competitors
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads sustainability communications and ESG reporting projects, with guidance from senior leaders and support from junior team members
- Presents to and works with clients and stakeholders within corporate, nonprofit and government organizations
- Manages projects independently and leads day-to-day client communication and coordination
- Manage multiple projects for multiple clients from concept to completion by anticipating challenges, troubleshooting problems, proposing solutions, offering client counsel, overseeing quality, and ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- Assist in strategizing and developing communications programs to meet client objectives
- Contribute to client correspondence (i.e., daily updates, activity reports, etc.)
- Play key role in writing and developing key messages in keeping with clients’ objectives
- Communicate effectively with team members and build consensus and collaboration among internal client teams
- Participate in new business process, including research, audits, idea contribution and proposal preparation
- Grow relationships and seek out potential business opportunities with existing clients
- Remain knowledgeable of current industry trends and providing superior client service to both internal and external clients.
Responsibilities and job functions include the principal elements of the job description and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or other duties, which may be assigned during normal operations.