At Dix & Eaton, our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) turns employees into owners. Our employees directly benefit from the success and profitability of the firm and their own day-to-day engagement. We are currently looking for our next talented owner with a desire to succeed in our team environment. We are driven to make a difference for our clients and search for talent with the same passion. The next senior account executive (SAE) will work across firm practice areas but, specifically, with teams in our media relations and marketing communications specialties. Our next colleague will have the same passion to help our clients tackle their biggest communications challenges and opportunities as we do.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced communications professional or equivalent who has demonstrated their elevated level of proficiency in how they interact and establish relationships with clients; playing a strategic role in account development, leveraging critical thinking skills, able to lead client discussion independently, and manage client relationships with a high degree of autonomy. This role is responsible for remaining knowledgeable of current industry trends and providing superior client service to both internal and external clients. We are looking for a talented individual who is smart and driven, thrives in a fast-paced team environment, has a good understanding of how business works, and possesses strong interpersonal, project management and writing skills.
- Strong business writing, research and competitive analysis skills
- Good organization and planning skills, and ability to demonstrate effective project coordination, facilitation and implementation
- Team player with strong individual work ethic and ability to perform under pressure
- Excellent communications and presentation skills in group and one-on-one settings
- Ability to ask good questions, and be a good listener and counselor
- Ability to function in a fast-paced team environment, utilizing a high-level of creativity, curiosity and discretion
- Deductive reasoning skills and ability to analyze and synthesize information for problem solving
- Good familiarity with and use of digital communications and social media strategies and tools
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage multiple projects for multiple clients from concept to completion by anticipating challenges, troubleshooting problems, proposing solutions, offering client counsel, overseeing quality, and ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- Assist in strategizing and developing communications programs to meet client objectives
- Understanding staffing and scoping requirements
- Owning the client budget and working with team to manage costs and deliverables as well as staffing resources
- Contribute to client correspondence (i.e., daily updates, activity reports, etc.)
- Play key role in developing key messages in keeping with clients’ objectives
- Coordinate and help plan media outreach programs including events, conferences, interviews and new media outreach
- Communicate effectively with team members and build consensus and collaboration among internal client teams
- Participate in new business process, including research, audits, idea contribution and proposal preparation
- Assist with various firm and practice marketing initiatives
- Grow relationships and seek out potential business opportunities with existing clients
- Develop network of industry contacts; participate in relevant professional associations
- Operate with a high degree of trust, accountability and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive client matters
- Maintain knowledge of current industry trends and actively share insight
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE/CREDENTIALS
- 5-9 years of media relations, corporate communications, and/or marketing communications experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism or related discipline
- Agency experience helpful
- ESG/CSR experience a plus
Responsibilities and job functions include the principal elements of the job description and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or other duties, which may be assigned during normal operations.
Currently considering local and remote candidates for the full-time Senior Account Executive role.