At Dix & Eaton, our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) turns employees into owners. Our employees directly benefit from the success and profitability of the firm and their own day-to-day engagement. We are currently looking for our next talented owner with a desire to succeed in our team environment. We are driven to make a difference for our clients and search for talent with the same passion. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitment. The next senior account executive will work across firm practice areas but, specifically, with teams in our nationally recognized Investor Relations and Sustainability specializations. Our next colleague will have the same passion to help our clients tackle their biggest communications challenges and opportunities as we do.
The ideal candidate will be a communications professional who develops and executes communication messages, strategies and programs to ensure a consistent and effective corporate image is presented to investors, analysts, employees, customers and business media. This role is responsible for remaining knowledgeable of current industry trends and providing superior client service to both internal and external clients. We are looking for a talented individual who is smart and driven, thrives in a fast-paced team environment, has a good understanding of how business works, and possesses strong interpersonal, project management and writing skills.
Years of Experience/Credentials
- 5-9 years of investor relations, corporate communications, business administration and/or financial communications experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, financial communications, business administration, finance or related discipline
- MBA and/or CFA and/or CPA a plus
- Sustainability GRI and/or SASB certification a plus
- Assist with drafting/editing of press releases, internal announcements, investor presentations, corporate reports, IR websites, etc.
- Manage projects to ensure high-quality work, total client satisfaction, strong internal coordination, adherence to budgets and schedules, etc.
- Operate with a high degree of trust, accountability and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive client matters
- Utilize research platforms such as FactSet, AlphaSense, etc. to gather and analyze competitive intelligence for specified clients and prospects
- Maintain knowledge of current industry trends and actively share insight with IR practice and Dix & Eaton colleagues
- Manage client relationships; deliver superior client service to contacts at all levels within the client organization and to all internal clients
- Provide support for business development and practice area marketing initiatives, as needed
- Strong business writing, research and competitive analysis skills
- Good organization and planning skills, and ability to demonstrate effective project coordination, facilitation and implementation
- Team player with strong individual work ethic and ability to perform under pressure
- Excellent communications and presentation skills in group and one-on-one settings
- Ability to ask good questions, and be a good listener and counselor
- Ability to function in a fast-paced team environment, utilizing a high-level of creativity, curiosity and discretion
- Interest in business, the capital markets, the investment community, corporate disclosure and governance, and financial reporting
- Deductive reasoning skills and ability to analyze and synthesize information for problem solving
- Good familiarity with and use of digital communications and social media strategies and tools
Responsibilities and job functions include the principal elements of the job description and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or other duties, which may be assigned during normal operations.
Currently considering local and remote candidates for the full-time Senior Account Executive: Investor Relations role.