Dix & Eaton is currently expanding capabilities and growing resources. We are looking for an entrepreneur-minded Media Planner/Buyer to join our 100% employee owned firm in Cleveland, OH. The Media Planner/Buyer is a client-facing role, responsible for the oversight of the day-to-day management of media activity for our clients—including planning for all channels and buying/execution for digital, traditional and broadcast. In our highly collaborative environment, this role will work in close partnership with our client account executives, to develop and own responsibility for successful implementation of media strategy and plans based on client objectives. The ideal candidate will have experience in executing multi-platform campaigns, as well as crafting the strategies to support those initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES and COMPETENCIES
The Media Planner/Buyer should bring the following skills in order to adequately manage the responsibilities of the position.
- Solid media and analytic skills applicable across the firm’s practice areas. Proven years of experience in digital, print and broadcast media with background as a project strategist and ability to manage technical execution as well
- Demonstrable experience developing integrated programs, including programs that utilize digital and traditional platforms in tandem
- Prior experience planning, establishing and managing paid digital, social media and PPC campaigns
- Background in both media planning and media buying; ability to shift from media strategy to program execution
- Experience analyzing conversion rates, acceptance rates, failure rates, bounce rates, and other common KPIs
- Ability to manage programs ranging from small event-driven projects to large ongoing campaigns
- Solid quantitative, analytic and interpretive skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, present recommendations and make ongoing program adjustments
- Ability to negotiate and deliver value-adds and make-goods with all paid media vendors
- Solid communication skills with the ability to write, edit and proofread to create high quality, easily understood, internal and external reports, and to effectively present to account teams and clients
- Ability to gain understanding of key client information, including general business strategy, industry trends and issues, products/services, key opinion leaders, customers and competitors
- Team player with strong individual work ethic and ability to perform under pressure
- Positive attitude, detail and client-service orientation with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Prior experience in agency environment preferred
- BS in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media, Public Relations or other related
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Plan, negotiate, implement and manage paid media campaigns
- Proactively provide recommendations to account teams on media buying strategies and marketplace opportunities
- Manage projects for multiple clients from concept to completion by anticipating challenges, troubleshooting problems, proposing solutions, offering client counsel, overseeing quality, meeting deadlines and ensuring budget adherence
- Manage and execute all steps of the advertising operations process, including research, planning, buying and placing media plans via insertion orders
- Analyze campaign data across various sources, interpret findings into actionable insights and make recommendations for optimization and improvement to account management teams and clients
- Proactively optimize purchased media through A/B testing, landing page optimization and targeting
- Maintain budget control throughout the entire process and pace delivery of campaigns, ensuring ad spending remains within budget and on track
- Stay current on the paid media landscape to identify opportunities and best practices within new paid traffic channels, ad formats, campaign structures, conversion goals, etc.
- Communicate effectively and build collaboration among internal staff, clients and outside partners
- Assist with various firm and practice marketing initiatives including integrating paid media initiatives into firm marketing program
- Develop network of industry contacts; participate in relevant professional associations
Responsibilities and job functions include the principal elements of the job description and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or other duties, which may be assigned during normal operations.