At Dix & Eaton, our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) turns employees into owners. Our employees directly benefit from the success and profitability of the firm and their own day-to-day engagement. That includes providing great benefits, opportunities to learn and grow and flexibility to balance life in and out of the office. Here’s a brief overview of what we offer.
We are currently looking for our next talented owner with a desire to succeed in our team environment. The next account executive will work across firm practice areas but, specifically, with teams in our media relations and marketing communications practice areas. We are driven to make a difference for our clients and search for talent with the same passion. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitment.
At the account executive level, our professionals have strong foundational skills in oral and written communications and project management to deliver excellent client service. Individuals in this role utilize prior experience to serve clients and manage increasing levels of account management responsibilities for media relations and marketing communications assignments. They work in close partnership with other team members to conduct research, produce quality content, research, manage client relationships and contribute to media relations and marketing strategy and execution for our clients.
The Account Executive in Media Relations and Marketing Communications should bring the following skills in order to adequately manage the responsibilities of the position.
Years of Experience/Credentials
- Four to seven years of progressive responsibility experience within media relations and/or marketing communications
- Familiarity with creating media lists, editorial calendars, and the pitching process
- Strong ability to write, edit and proofread to create high-quality internal and external communications content
- Ability to synthesize numerous pieces of researched information and analytical data, and succinctly communicate key takeaways
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with internal and external teams
- Team player with strong work ethic, good organization skills and ability to perform under pressure
- Experience using Google Analytics, Meltwater, Cision or other monitoring tools
- Demonstrate practical understanding of social media and the digital landscape and how to incorporate these into client programs
- Ability to gain understanding of key client information, including general business strategy, financial position, industry trends and issues, products/ services, and competitors
- Understanding of journalism and working with the media, including building relationships and a basic understanding how to pitch a compelling story to a reporter on behalf of a client
- Manage multiple projects for multiple clients from concept to completion by anticipating challenges, thinking ahead, troubleshooting problems, proposing solutions, offering client counsel, overseeing quality, and ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- Execute and own primary responsibilities including earned media programs and marketing communications activities
- Assist in strategizing and developing integrated media relations and marketing plans to meet client objectives including coordinating with teams to develop media relations and public relations strategies and conduct research
- Plan, organize, activate and control day-to-day process in support of strategy developed by account leaders
- Manage client budgets and work with finance on project billing and reconciliation
- Liaise with clients and agency staff about the details of campaigns
- Communicate effectively with team members and build consensus and collaboration among internal client teams
- Contribute to client correspondence (i.e., daily updates, status calls, activity reports, etc.)
- Participate in new business process, including research, audits, idea contribution and proposal preparation
- Grow relationships and support new business opportunities with existing clients
- Remain knowledgeable of current industry trends and providing superior client service to both internal and external clients.
- Responsibilities and job functions include the principal elements of the job description and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or other duties, which may be assigned during normal operations.
- Model delivery of detailed, quality work in efficient timing and help coach and motivate junior staff to produce the same
Responsibilities and job functions include the principal elements of the job description and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or other duties, which may be assigned during normal operations.
Currently considering local and remote candidates for this full-time role.