At Dix & Eaton, our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) turns employees into owners. Our employees directly benefit from the success and profitability of the firm and their own day-to-day engagement. We are currently looking for our next talented owner with a desire to succeed in our General Accountant Role. The general accountant role performs daily accounting activities such accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions as well as monthly reconciliations and preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports. In our highly collaborative environment, this role will work in close partnership with administrative and client account teams. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitment.
The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the accounting field and a demonstrated level of proficiency in how they interact with teams, leverage critical thinking skills, and manage an appropriate degree of independence to complete work. We are looking for a talented individual who is smart and driven, thrives in a fast-paced team environment and has a good understanding of how business works.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline
- Agency/billable environment experience helpful
- Knowledge of general accounting practices
- Record and report daily cash receipts
- Prepare bank deposits
- Responsible for the firms past due process
- Record all vendor invoices
- Prepare and process weekly disbursements
- Manage Positive Pay system
- Assistance with vendor database, including updating information in accounting system and obtaining W9 forms
- Expense reimbursement process – semi-monthly
- Oversight of filing and purging vendor invoices
- Manage a portion of client billings (processing billing sheet, preparing invoices, and sending to client contacts
- Manage all media placement billing and work with Media Planner to ensure system in accurate
- Assistance with job management within accounting system
- Monthly utilization reports
- Monthly and weekly cash report updates
- Monthly expense analysis/tracking including prepaids, promotion, contributions, seminars, freelance and professional dues accounts
- Account reconciliations including cash, accounts payable, accounts receivable and work in process (WIP)
- Preparation and posting of monthly journal entries
- Annual 1099 form process
- Assistance with audit preparation
- Strong business skills
- Good organization and planning skills
- Team player with strong individual work ethic and ability to perform under pressure
- Excellent communications skills in group and one-on-one settings
- Ability to function in a fast-paced team environment, utilizing a high-level of creativity, curiosity, and discretion
- Deductive reasoning skills and ability to analyze and synthesize information for problem solving
- Good familiarity with accounting/finance software platforms
Responsibilities and job functions include the principal elements of the job description and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or other duties, which may be assigned during normal operations.
Currently considering local candidates for the full-time, General Accountant role to join our hybrid work environment, working three days remote and two days in-office. Candidates must be able to join us in our downtown Cleveland office two days a week.