The recent ruling by retired Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Judge Burt Griffin is a victory for any defendant who has been victimized by the plaintiffs’ bar’s use of the media…
Senior Managing Director
Matt Barkett provides cool-headed strategic counsel to clients during some of the most defining moments in their history. He specializes in corporate representation in a wide variety of industries, most prominently in aerospace, mining/energy and manufacturing. Matt also counsels senior managers in many industries through labor union issues and major transactions, including bankruptcy, M&A and downsizing events.
Matt draws on more than 25 years of broad-based experience in senior corporate communications, PR agency and journalism roles when counseling clients from the boardroom to the plant floor or accident scene.Under Matt’s leadership, Dix & Eaton’s crisis practice has been pre-approved by several major insurance companies to advise senior management on large crises.
A Cleveland native, Matt holds an M.B.A. and B.A. from the University of Colorado and is active in support of Providence House, a crisis nursery, as well as the Boy Scouts of America.
- Crisis situations
- Litigation PR
- Reputation management
Selected engagements and background:
- Upper Big Branch mine explosion, Massey Energy
- NTSB investigation of Pacific Gas & Electric pipeline explosion in San Bruno, California
- Crashes of Colgan Air Flight 3407 and Pinnacle Airlines Flight 3701
- Bankruptcy and mechanics strike, Northwest Airlines
- $1.4 billion acquisition of AirTran Airways, Southwest Airlines
- $50 billion merger of Qwest Communications and US WEST
- Sago Mine accident in West Virginia, International Coal Group
- $16 billion acquisition of Imperial Chemical Industries by AkzoNobel
Recent Posts from Matt
Steve Sarkisian, the recently fired University of Southern California head football coach, has a drinking problem. Apparently he’s had one for years. After he allegedly…
When I saw the headline about the aunt who sued her nephew because he broke her arm in a freak accident, I wondered how that lawsuit made any sense from a publicity…
See when we can help you.