Senior Vice President
Gary Pratt, a communications professional with more than 30 years of agency, media and corporate experience, coordinates Dix & Eaton’s production of the written word as head of the Editorial Services group. The four-member group writes speeches, annual reports, op-ed columns and a wide variety of other materials for clients, and also provides editing services.
Throughout his career with Dix & Eaton, Gary has played a wide-ranging role in developing and producing pertinent communications strategies and tools to support client management through corporate transactions such as mergers and acquisitions; crises involving accidents, environmental and workplace issues; and other periods of challenge or change. He applies his experience to distill varied information and inputs into succinct messages and effective communications tailored to key audiences.
Gary, who serves on the firm’s Leadership Committee, joined Dix & Eaton in 1988 after serving as senior manager of communications services at Ernst & Whinney (now Ernst & Young LLP). Earlier in his career he was a reporter and assistant city editor at The Cleveland Press.
Gary earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism from The Ohio State University.
- “What to say and how to say it”
- Succinct message development
- Communications strategies and tools to support client goals
Background & experience:
- Corporate transactions and change, including leadership transitions, mergers and acquisitions
- Crisis situations, including accidents, environmental and workplace issues
- 30+ years of agency, media and corporate communications experience
- Former newspaper reporter and editor
See when we can help you.